Talking to Your Employer

How To Talk to Your Employer

Most of our families get their insurance policy through their employer. Employers, especially large ones, are often in a position to help secure authorization for appropriate eating disorder treatment for their employees, or to help with a claim that is not being processed correctly. For these reasons, we always advise all families to contact their employer’s benefit manager or Human Resource department prior to, or immediately upon, seeking eating disorder treatment.

For parents who need to take time off during treatment and who want to apply to their employer under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) absence, our front office staff can assist you with the necessary paperwork.

For more information about talking to your employer regarding your insurance benefits or how to scheduled an absence from work under FMLA, please contact our intake coordinators, at 971-319-6800.